Left arrow

Adrian Lewis issues apology to Keith Deller over comments at the World Matchplay

Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis reach settlement over longstanding dispute

Jamie Shaw in Off The Oche 24 Aug 2020
Deller was Lewis’ manager during two separate spells (Photo by Lawrence Lustig/PDC)

Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis have resolved their financial dispute by ways of an agreed settlement.

Deller was Lewis’ manager during a successful first spell which saw him retain the World Championship title in 2012.

The Stoke star linked up with 1983 World Champion Deller for a second time in 2015, but the pair split again in February last year.

Lewis enjoyed a resurgent run to the Quarter-Finals of the recent World Matchplay, losing out to eventual champion Dimitri van den Bergh.

A statement posted by Deller on Monday clarified that the pair have resolved their longstanding dispute, which was taken to dispute resolution service Sport Resolutions.

The statement read: ‘Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis can confirm that the dispute which ended up at Sport Resolutions has resolved itself by way of an agreed settlement, the terms of which remain confidential.

‘This brings matters to a conclusion and neither party is permitted to discuss or comment further other than what is stated below.’

Deller said: “I have always tried to do my best for the players that I manage.

“It was unfortunate that this dispute spilled over into Sport Resolutions but I am pleased that the matter has finally resolved itself.”

Lewis said: “I’m pleased that this dispute has reached a conclusion.”

Earlier this month, ‘Jackpot’ issued an apology to Deller over comments he made in a post-match interview during the World Matchplay.

Following his Second Round win over Danny Noppert, Lewis joked in his live interview with Sky Sports: “It’s like one of Keith Deller’s exhibitions up there, that’s how it sounded.”

The 35-year-old took to Twitter to issue an apology, which read: ‘I would just like to apologise to Keith Deller for making comments about him on Sky Sports following my performance at the 2020 World Matchplay on Wednesday 22 July 2020; and for the further comments I made on social media regarding him thereafter.

‘The comments were made in jest but I was wrong to make the comments and I accept it was both unnecessary and inappropriate to make such comments.

‘I apologise for any harm or distress that I may have caused Keith over the past few days. We have agreed to draw a line under this now and move on.’