Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis reach settlement over longstanding dispute

Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis have resolved their financial dispute by ways of an agreed settlement.

Deller was Lewis’ manager during a successful first spell which saw him retain the World Championship title in 2012.

The Stoke star linked up with 1983 World Champion Deller for a second time in 2015, but the pair split again in February last year.

Lewis enjoyed a resurgent run to the Quarter-Finals of the recent World Matchplay, losing out to eventual champion Dimitri van den Bergh.

A statement posted by Deller on Monday clarified that the pair have resolved their longstanding dispute, which was taken to dispute resolution service Sport Resolutions.

The statement read: ‘Keith Deller and Adrian Lewis can confirm that the dispute which ended up at Sport Resolutions has resolved itself by way of an agreed settlement, the terms of which remain confidential.

‘This brings matters to a conclusion and neither party is permitted to discuss or comment further other than what is stated below.’

Deller said: “I have always tried to do my best for the players that I manage.

“It was unfortunate that this dispute spilled over into Sport Resolutions but I am pleased that the matter has finally resolved itself.”

Lewis said: “I’m pleased that this dispute has reached a conclusion.”

Earlier this month, ‘Jackpot’ issued an apology to Deller over comments he made in a post-match interview during the World Matchplay.

Following his Second Round win over Danny Noppert, Lewis joked in his live interview with Sky Sports: “It’s like one of Keith Deller’s exhibitions up there, that’s how it sounded.”

The 35-year-old took to Twitter to issue an apology, which read: ‘I would just like to apologise to Keith Deller for making comments about him on Sky Sports following my performance at the 2020 World Matchplay on Wednesday 22 July 2020; and for the further comments I made on social media regarding him thereafter.

‘The comments were made in jest but I was wrong to make the comments and I accept it was both unnecessary and inappropriate to make such comments.

‘I apologise for any harm or distress that I may have caused Keith over the past few days. We have agreed to draw a line under this now and move on.’

Adrian Lewis issues apology to Keith Deller over comments at the World Matchplay

Adrian Lewis has issued an apology to his former manager Keith Deller over comments he made during the recent World Matchplay.

Following a successful first spell which saw him win back-to-back world titles in 2011 and 2012, Lewis linked up with 1983 World Champion Deller for a second time in 2015, but the pair split again in February last year.

Lewis enjoyed a resurgent run to the Quarter-Finals of the Betfred World Matchplay, held behind closed doors in Milton Keynes last month, losing out to eventual champion Dimitri van den Bergh.

Following his Second Round win over Danny Noppert, Lewis joked in his post-match interview with Sky Sports: “It’s like one of Keith Deller’s exhibitions up there, that’s how it sounded.”

The 35-year-old took to Twitter on Thursday to issue an apology to Deller, which read: ‘I would just like to apologise to Keith Deller for making comments about him on Sky Sports following my performance at the 2020 World Matchplay on Wednesday 22 July 2020; and for the further comments I made on social media regarding him thereafter.

‘The comments were made in jest but I was wrong to make the comments and I accept it was both unnecessary and inappropriate to make such comments.

‘I apologise for any harm or distress that I may have caused Keith over the past few days. We have agreed to draw a line under this now and move on.’

Deller shared the tweet but has not made a public comment on the matter.

With the help of Tyson Fury’s workouts, Lewis embarked on a gruelling fitness regime during lock-down and admitted he is reaping the benefits on and off the oche.

“I was thinking to myself, this could be my last World Matchplay,” he told Live Darts during the Matchplay.

“In the Summer Series, I was thinking, oh my goodness, this is terrible.

“It isn’t going to happen overnight, I know it’s going to take a bit of time.

“I was working out seven days a week, six days of circuits, which obviously got myself more fit.

“I was thinking about being more mentally fit than physically fit but I knew it was going to take a bit of time.

“I haven’t had a drink in over four months and I felt a lot better mentally, and that was the key.

“The likes of Matt Porter and Rod Harrington have been telling me for years but as a young lad you just brush it off, but looking back, what they’ve advised in the past they were damn right.”

Lewis will return to action in the PDC Autumn Series in Hildesheim, Germany, from September 12-16.